A murderous murder of crows

When I came home yesterday there were six crows in the driveway having a
real donnybrook.
(apologies to you Irish).
As I watched, three of the crows were attacking one of the others. The major
fight was between two of them but the other two would occasionally join in.
This went on for almost five minutes and was the most vicious fighting I've
seen among birds. Surprisingly, when the "victim" had a chance to get away
it attacked instead. Finally, as if by some agreement, all the birds flew
away together as if the fight hadn't happened.
                                                   Reece
Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC
rmitche2@tds.net