SC, HBSP possible Brown Booby

On Saturday 17 May, at 11:00 am, while viewing into a hard on-shore wind. An all dark "Gannet-shaped" bird was spotted straight out from the North Parking Lot beach access at Huntington Beach SP.

The bird was off shore approx 200 yds flying low to the waves, heading North, and was well seen through a spotting scope.  The bird rocked sided to side to allow good views of the back and chest. There did not appear to be any white or mottled white on the birds back, rump or chest.  Pretty much all brown with a dark "Gannet-shaped" bill.

The best match I can make from my Sibley's is the 1st year juvenile Brown Booby.  Are there any other possibilities?

Keith A.
Columbia, SC
skabirdssc@netscape.com