Peregrine Falcons at Devil's Courthouse

Several folks have asked about the peregrine young. There are at least two
there, perhaps more. I could see the eyrie for only about two minutes of the
three hours I spent there.
Today was awful for viewing. Very heavy fog and some rain.
The young are within about ten days of fledging so if you want to see
earth's fastest living creature, better pray for a clear weekend.
I would not travel very far to try to see them if I couldn't be pretty sure
of some sun, or at least only high clouds. My 2-digit IQ enables me to sit
on a rock in fog and rain for three hours and think I'm having fun, but I
don't recomment it to others.
I heard a Barred Owl at 12:20 PM. Not too surprising, except for the
altitude--above 5000 ft.
I didn't realize they would be found so high. Might that mean problems for
the Saw Whets that can sometimes be heard there?
Devil's Courthouse is at Milepost 422 on The Blue Ridge Parkway. Just after
the tunnel if you're traveling south. View is from the parking lot. Best to
have a scope since peregrines can do their  rock impression for hours at a
time.
                                                       Reece
Reece 'n Judy Mitchell
Flat Rock, NC