RE: Loud bird at Home Depot in Cary

The "loud bird" trick was tried in Charlotte on an overstreet walkway from a
parking garage to Founders' Hall over 5th St, near College.  It was intended
to dissuade hordes of blackbirds who were roosting afternoons and evenings
in the trees lining the street, and - quite naturally - raining
you-know-what on pedestrians.  The recording was of a Red-shouldered Hawk,
and was MOST piercingly annoying and ultimately ineffectual. It didn't take
the intelligent birds long to realize that the aural "smoke" portended no
fire(bird).

They ended up tearing out the trees. :(

7;^)
Tomm "the heretic" Lorenzin