Re: Am. Redstarts

Today around 3:30pm was also rewarded by the sight of an active American Redstart male in the high canopy off the Tobacco Trail, right in the center city also. My first Redstart! He was so distinctive, even without binoculars (and oh, how I wished I had them), that when I got home id was easy. The flycatching moves were a dead give-away... Tomorrow I'm going to listen to my Cornell tapes and verify the call - pretty nice one.

Paula Mangiafico
Durham, NC