RE: N.C. has newly documented birds, too!

The brochure birding was even better in the late '70s when Jordan Lake was
being filled. The Army Corps of Engineers published a little pamphlet
touting the birdlife of the area and prominently included Ivory-billed
Woodpecker among the species which could be seen around (? and benefit from
the filling of ?) the lake. The level of research that went into this
publication was also reflected in another entry which read simply, "hawk."

Dan Kaplan
Durham