Doldrum filler (hummers)

I would not normally write i such a prosaic report but since it seems that
the summer doldrums are upon us and not much of anything at all is being
seen I will go ahead and report that my last year's sage plantings are now
finally paying off with a crop of hummers. Last year I had planted Salvia
Greggi (a strange orangish-pink cultivar) along with Salvia Guaranitica.
The strange pinkish orange salvia bloomed last year (it really is a garish
color) but did not seem to attract any hummers. This year both it and the
purple salvia guaranitica have just come into bloom and I am happy to
report that as I sit on my computer and work at my study not one but two
different hummers are visiting the sages. Yea!
Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599