Gr.-crested Flycatcher and mystery bird song

Enjoyed watching a Great-crested Flycatcher taking a
dust bath this afternoon under my bird feeders.  There
were more sunflower seed shells than dust though in the
particular spot that it chose.

A bird with a mystery song that I heard 2 summers ago is
back in my yard.  It sings/ calls at dusk.  I had no idea at all
what this bird was 2 years ago, and spent many hours trying
to catch a glimpse of it with no success. It seems to sing in the
understory just as the light is getting too dim to look for it.
Now that I'm somewhat more experienced with bird songs, I'm
thinking that it has a few Tanager-like tones in it, but otherwise
isn't reminiscent of any song or call that I've heard.
Does anyone know of an odd song that Tanagers, possibly
Scarlet, will sing in the evening?

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC