A Yellowless Yellow-throated Vireo

I went to Chimney Rock Park on the western edge of Rutherford County
near Lake Lure.  I was descending the stairway from the upper parking
area going to the Forest Stroll, when I heard was part of the call of a
Yellow-throated Vireo.

I played my cd to reassure myself that it was a YTVI when it chanced to
fly into view.  I was amazed to see a dark eyeline and white
supercilium, a blunt vireo bill, and prominent wingbars, but no yellow
throat.  This is the first time I have seen a Yellow-throated Vireo
minus the yellow throat.  I wonder if it might have been a recently
fledged bird?

John Lindfors