Today on Lake Norman and at Cowans Ford

Black-and-white Warbler at my home here on Lake Norman (760' elev.).  What's
he doin' still at this elevation?  Straggling?

A lusty chorus of Barred Owls (two or more) broke out that lasted from 1500
to 1545 at CFWR within 50m of the observation dex. (They never came within
eyeshot.)  A N. Bobwhite was seen (not heard) alongside the road between the
McDowell Creek WWTP and the stone cemetery plot. First I have SEEN in 5-6
years. A yellow-breasted Chat made an appearance over the grasses N of the
ponds. A Female Wood Duck led a procession of 10+ young over the waters of
the E pond ~1600. First summer male RWBBs stalked the grasses. Tree Swallows
over the waters. All other birds heard and seen between 1330 and 1600 (there
were lots of many species) were of the "usual suspect" variety.

Today there musta' been a Dragonfly festival goin' on.  Thousands of them
everywhere - MANY varieties.  As much fun as the more avian birds. Kingbirds
goin' CRAZY chasing and catching them.

Cheers! 7;^)
Tomm "potty animal" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC
skytomm(at)1000plus.com
"Though I look old, yet I am strong and lusty.
 But, my bladder seems to have shrunk."
     ~ Adam (paraphrased) in
       Shakespeare's "As You Like It"
       Act II, Sc. III