Kites x 2

Hi Everybody,
Today I put the boat on the Cape Fear river (NC west of Wilmington) at the Lock #1 ramp and drove down stream.  Sure enough - great views at both Swallow-tailed Kites and Mississippi Kites.  The best view was of 4 Swallow-tailed Kites overhead with 3 Mississippi Kites.  Another time I had 1 Swallow-tailed Kite dive bombing an Osprey successfully driving the Osprey away from the area.  Location is as the previous e-mail from Sam Cooper indicated.  A boat is a must but even a small boat would be fine.  There is very little traffic on this section of the river, mostly small john boats with fisherman.
Great NC bird in apparently a reliable location.
Stephen Harris
srharris@mindspring.com
Wilmington, NC