more Swallow-tailed Kite photos

Though I don't have the right equipment for it, I took a couple of fun shots
of the kites on Saturday with the 4x zoom on my Nikon CoolPix  995:

http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/pix/stki.html

Could have gotten some nice shots of perched kites had I brought my scope,
but there wasn't room in the canoe and I didn't want to risk losing it.

To answer Mike Schultz's question about the spot where we saw two kites in a
field opposite Love Rd. -- this is on NC 87 in Columbus Co. between 11 and
Riegelwood.  There's an auto shop with a Firestone sign at the corner.  Don't
know what it's called on the DeLorme map.

Good birding!
--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu