Junco Nest Predation

Hi - I had a Junco nesting in a hanging basket on my front porch.  A couple
of days after the eggs hatched, the babies were gone.  A week or so later
another Junco built a nest in a hanging basket on my carport.  One morning
there were 3 eggs in the nest and the next day the nest was empty.  What
happened???  I'm sure a snake could not have gotten to the nest on the
carport and I never have seen any snakes around here.  There are a lot of
Blue Jays in the neighborhood.  Could they be the culprits??  Any other
suggestions??

Edwin Poole
Highlands, NC
Macon County