Re: 1st fall migrant

THis weekend had two Yellow-throated warblers land on
hook on balcony with feeder on it and flit around with
the goldfinches. It was early evening and they hung
out about 5 minutes. Beautiful & distintive. A male
hooded warbler has also been flitting around the deck
and feeders and goldfinches the last two weeks. As we
sat in the hammock yesterday, the hooded was right
over out head. Not sure about this behaviour.
Kate
--- Shelley Theye <veery@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Saw my first migrant Warbler of the fall in my yard
> this
> afternoon.  Only got a brief look.
>
> I believe it was a 1st fall Cerulean or Blackburnian
> Warbler
> based on the field marks that stood out, bold white
> wing bars
> and a very noticeable, broad supercillium that I
> can't say for
> sure was white or pale yellow, and it's back seemed
> fairly
> dull and plain, and had some pale yellow below.
>
> I only got a very brief look through a window.  The
> bird was
> lower down than I would think either of these birds
> would be,
> maybe only 20 ft. up or so, first in a pokeweed then
> in an oak.
> It moved along a small branch pretty quickly then I
> lost sight of
> it.  Went outside and found it again, but got an
> even shorter look.
>
> Shelley Theye
>

> Shelley Theye
> N. Chatham County, NC