new state park fees in South Carolina

Hi Folks,
Just to let you know new and increased fees are going into force at
South Carolina S.P. The most heavily used like Huntington Beach S.P.
will be about $5 a day (2.50) for SC seniors.  I also believe the annual
park passport is also going up.  Many parks that formally did not have a
fee will now have them.  There is no longer a no fee policy for SC
seniors.  The best bet for them is a Senior Park Passport which I
believe will be $25.
The increase in fees seems really draconian for Huntington Beach S.P.
The attendant at Myrtle Beach S.P. wasn't exactly sure what the fee
structure will be but we will soon know as the fees go into effect on
Sept 2.  I'd sure like to know where the monies for the increased fees
will go.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC