counting swifts

hi y'all,

late this eve a small flock of Chimney swifts materialized over the confines
here, about 30 - 40, thought i. after checking my schedule and finding i had
absolutely nothing better to do, i decided to count 'em as they dropped into
the chimney. the final tally was 233. so much for guess-timation...

also had the second-ever Giant Swallowtail butterfly (both in the past week
or so) here.

still a good bit of Ruby-throated hummer activty too, mostly immature males.

;-)

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)