Re: Gosh, Spoonbills?

Greetings,

Two Roseate Spoonbills were viewed this am during the
high tide while they roosted in a tree close to the
road on the westernmost of the Twin Lakes.  If you look
on the SW corner of the lake there is a tree full of
tent caterpillar nests close to the road.  Going north
from this tree is a taller tree where Wood Storks roost
and in the next tree lower down the Spoonbills sat
while a large Wilmington/Leland/Boiling Springs
Lake/Oak Island delegation enjoyed the birds.
I would try to be there Sunday at daybreak or
10:30/11:00ish when they return from feeding.  Good
luck!

Bruce
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:29:24 -0400, Shantanu Phukan
wrote:

> I just opened the Carolina RBA and was surprised to
> find a rather casual
> mention of, not one, but three Roseate Spoonbills at
> Sunset lakes on 9.11.
> Did I just miss this on Carolinabirds earlier this
week
> or was it never
> reported by whoever found them? Anyway, if any locals
> can let me know about
> whether or not these Spoonbills are continuing to be
> seen I will dash down
> to Sunset Beach.
> Spoonbill-deprived in the Piedmont
> Shantanu Phukan