tropicbird in Virginia

Just got a call from Allen Bryan, who had just seen a tropicbird sp over
I-95 near Richmond.  The bird was flying SSE.

I hoped that the eye of Isabel might pass over Morehead City
yesterday--it looked for a while like it might, but we were in strong
winds and driving rain the whole time.

My only bird observations were of the House Finches right up next to the
house and of a hummingbird feeding at a feeder right up next to the
house, when the winds were about 60mph sustained.

Hope everyone came through the storm OK.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com