Re: high-flyin' hummers in Myrtle Beach, SC

got a report this morning of a cpl of Ruby-throated hummers pokin' around
some geraniumson a balcony....on the 23rd floor of a condo in Myrtle Beach,
SC. the caller felt it necessary to remind me that's over 2200' off the
ground. guess he figgered that bein' as how i live in Conway, i wouldn't
know nothin' much 'bout them big ol' tall bildins n' stuff...

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

========

GARY . . .

Well, of COURSE the hummers would be at 2,200' elevation. Where else would they link up with those Canada Geese that are carrying them along the migrational route? :-)

Cheers,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at http://www.hiltonpond.org and http://www.rubythroat.org ("Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project").

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.