warblers in Chapel Hill

On the way to my house from the schoolbus, I found a nice flock of warblers.  It included several pines, but w/o binoculars i couldn't tell what else.  I quickly walked to my house and came back with binoculars on my bike.  Amazingly, the warblers had stuck around.  The flock included at least 20 pines, a bay-breasted, a tennessee, a redstart, and at the very least one other uuidentified species (maybe a blackburnian or blackpoll.  The flock also had a B-more Oriole.  The Bay-breasted, tennessee and oriole were all lifers.  Rarely do I get that kind of excitement on the way home from the bus stop!

Jacob Socolar
Chapel Hill, NC
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers