Cape Lookout

     Russell and I are at our house at Cedar Point, near Swansboro.  A few days ago we saw John Fussell's message about Cape Lookout birding and we went over today.  As he suggested, we took the Local Yokel ferry and we had a wonderful day on the beach.  It was very windy, so we weren't bothered by mosquitoes, but also we didn't see too many little birds.  We call it our Big Bird day.  The LY guy was great and went slowly by the end of Shackleford Banks so we got long, close-up looks at the Long billed Curlew, the Whimbrels, and Godwits.  There were lots of Great Egrets, Oystercatchers, some White Ibis, a Great Blue Heron and a Tricolored Heron.  A stunning array of shorebirds.

     There were more folks over there than we had expected, most of them were fishing.  We didn't take the long walk down to the point, so who knows what we missed there??

Cheers,
Ruth Roberson