Blue-winged warbler in Georgetown, SC

hi y'all,

during my lunch break today i cruised over to the road leading to the Winyah
Bay Observation/Fishing Pier. Walking along the roadside I saw a few common
birds, then heard a buzzy call note. Finally found a Blue-winged Warbler
flitting about in some willows. Also a cpl of Common Yellowthroats and a
Yellowstart.

Nice batch of butterflies taking advantage of a cpl of Morning Glory spp.
and lots of Ageratum (Mistflower) and Solidago sp. (Goldenrod.) Whirlabout,
Silver-spotted, Long-tailed, Delaware, Clouded and Ocola skippers, Pearl
Crescent, Cloudless Sulphur, Viceroy observed. Also a cpl of Green Darner
(what a cool bug,) E. Pondhawk, Blue Dasher, Carolina Saddlebags.

3 hummers in the yard at home this eve, including that elusive femme from
Wed. she stays around long enough, she'll get herself her own personal id
bracelet.

;-)

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)