Yard Bird #144 in N. Durham Co.

This morning Janet and I got great looks at a first fall female Bilackburnian Warbler which represents yard bird # 144. I still havent gotten Veery or Swainson's Thrush so I have a couple of "likelies" to add to the list. Now, I guess that I have to dig up the yard and put in a pond to add ducks and more swallows. However, I think it might conflict with my septic field (grin).

It was a pretty birdy morning with 9 species of warbler including 2 palm (our first for the fall).

Palm Chestnut Sided parula yellow throated black-throated green black-throated blue BLACKBURNIAN black and white magnolia

still plenty of scarlet tanagers, catbirds, brown thrashers, cuckoo (1) and the first GRAY-CHEEKED Thrush of the fall. 3 ruby-throated kinglets.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC
tkrakauer@mindspring.com