Myrtle Beach State Park (10-07-03)

I checked for birds briefly today at Myrtle Beach State Park in Horry
County, South Carolina.  Forty-one species were seen on a rather dreary day
here along the coast.  It was difficult to hear birds, however, since the
park naturalist kept cruising around in her new F250 Diesel.  (Only joking
Ann.  Nice ride!)

The complete list was as follows..

Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
Green Heron
Osprey
Bald Eagle  (1)
Peregrine Falcon  (1) passed by the pavilion area twice
Willet
Ruddy Turnstone
Laughing Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Caspian Tern
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove  (4) first I'd seen in the park
Mourning Dove
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Empidonax sp.
White-eyed Vireo
Blue-headed Vireo  (1) first I'd seen this fall
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Wood Thrush
American Robin
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Blue-winged Warbler  (1) on lower end of Sculptured Oak Nature Trail
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
American Redstart
Common Yellowthroat