FWD: NBC TODAY SHOW TO AIR REPORT FEATURING AUDUBON ON MONDAY, OCTOBER13th!

I suspect most of you to get this message from Audubon, but I though I would still forward it to the list for the benefit of those folks who may not have seen this.

There may still be hope.

-J

NBC'S Today Show to Air Special Report on the Navy's Outlying Landing Field (OLF) in Washington County, North Carolina

FYI - NBC's Today Show is tentatively scheduled to air a segment on US Navy plans to build a jet landing field adjacent to a globally significant wildlife refuge on Monday morning, October 13, between 7 am and 9 am EDT**.

The Today Show feature, reported by NBC News's Chief Pentagon Correspondent Jim Miklaszewski, will focus on the dangers of and community reactions to a training field proposed for Washington County, North Carolina, within miles of the Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge is winter home to some 100,000 swans, geese and other large waterfowl that come from as far away as Arctic Canada and Alaska. Audubon and other conservation groups and local town leaders were interviewed for this important segment which should further strengthen the objections to the Navy's ill-suited plan.

**NOTE: Broadcast date and time are best available at time of issuing this notice but subject to change by the network.

-- Juan A. Pons jpons@wildnaturephoto.com http://wildnaturephoto.com/ Pittsboro, NC