a little more on the Green Violet-ear

Dear All,

I just wanted to let folks know that my discussion with Wayne and Keith
about them specifically documenting the Green violet-ear was an objective
decision on my part.  It was directly a result of their current position on
the NC Records Committee. As it happens, they were geographically the
closest to Avery County.  As Wayne indicated, the hosts asked that a minimum
of observers be involved in the endeavor and so we willingly obliged.  I
just do not want there to be any misunderstanding or hurt feelings amongst
the birding community about this.

Thanks for making that last minute trip guys.  Looks like you got there just
in time.

And many thanks to Russ Tyndall for posting some of Wayne's shots of this
marvelous bird so quickly for all to see.  Like many of you, I certainly
wish that I could have seen it with my own eyes.

Now we will have to see what interesting hummer turns up next.  Any bets?

Regards,
Susan Campbell
Whispering Pines, NC