HARBISON STATE FOREST, SC

Happy Fall:

Art and I birded part of Harbison State Forest near Columbia, SC on
Saturday, Nov. 1, for a couple hours after lunch - nap time for birds.
We didn't see but 4 species, but we were very pleased to see:

	Bald Eagale, adult male, seeming to fly southwest.  Spirled,
then took off.
	Chipping Sparrow
	Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (resident this time of year??)
	Ruby-crowned Kinglet

The forest was really quiet while we were there, and it was 82 degrees.
This was our first visit there.

This past week I had a wood thrush come to the yard.  He had rather
frantic behavior and I wondered if it was a juvenile.  We also had our
first arrival of a Dark-eyed Junco.  We were watching for them - it is
time for them to come down from the high elevations according to my yard
diary!!

Things are slow, but interesting and we envy those of you on the
coastlines with so much going on all the time.

Bev Hudson
Hendersonville NC