8 Wonders of North Carolina (1956)Paul, · Categories: Amusements, General
Found in the North Carolina Miscellany  whilst at the CuppaJoe Coffee Shop.
The Seven [sic] Wonders of North Carolina
[as reported in the Greensboro Daily News 1956]
- Cow Palace in Raleigh [Dorton Arena]
- Old Fort–Ridgecrest Southern Railway [Andrews Geyser/Loops.]
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Any mammoth textile mill especially those such as Cone Mills (thanks for the reference, Ed)
- Duke Tower [on Duke Chapel]
- [Old] Playmakers Theater at UNC-Chapel Hill
- [Old] State Capitol Building
- Wright Memorial at Kill Devil Hills
What are our newer Wonders? Generic retro-downtowns in Planned Urban Communities? Fake 30s bungalows? MacMansions? Chiller plants? Airport terminals?
Submit your favorites for this half century.