Meet two of North Carolina’s own Internet experts for the price of one, and amazingly, the price is free!
If you are interested in topics like collaborative media, new journalism, digital preservation and open source, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to hear these e-founding fathers.
“We are pleased to host this conversation with these leaders. How information is shared and preserved is relevant to the function and future of the public library,” states library director Sandy Neerman. “The timing is right to focus our attention on this while we grow to serve the next generation of library users.”
This event will take place on Wednesday, October 15, in the Nussbaum Room at Central Library, 219 North Church Street. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
Top 5 reasons to attend:
• Warm up for the 3rd annual ConvergeSouth Conference, another fantastic and free event taking place October 16-17 in Greensboro.
• Enjoy free refreshments provided by our sponsoring organizations, Friends of the Greensboro Public Library and Tek Systems.
• Gather at the same time and place as the Greensboro Bloggers and Web Designers Meet Up. (These monthly meet ups are an opportunity to learn and share the latest trends in web presentation and communications. Come see what you’ve been missing!)
• Submit your burning questions for our speakers through their respective blogs. Let them know you are coming and what you want them to talk about. Ed Cone / Paul Jones (right here below)
• Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the opening of Central Library on Church Street. If you’ve never been, it’s about time!
Who is Ed Cone? Ed Cone is employed as a senior writer at Ziff Davis Enterprise and writes an opinion column for the Greensboro News & Record. He has worked as a contributing editor at Wired, a staff writer at Forbes, and as a freelancer for a wide variety of magazines and papers.
Who is Paul Jones? Paul Jones is the Director of ibiblio.org, “The Public’s Library ,” a large contributor-run digital library (ibiblio.org also includes the Site Formerly Known as MetaLab and SunSITE). Besides speaking at conferences world-wide, Paul teaches on the faculties of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the School of Information and Library Science at UNC Chapel Hill.
More information? Contact
Greensboro Public Library
219 N. Church Street
Greensboro, NC 27402-3178