The Real Paul Jones
Accept no substitutes
How to write a successful SlashDot articlePaul, · Categories: General
- Start with a provocative title.
- Better if it’s really two topics or more mashed together.
- Begin with incendiary and possibly inaccuate sentence.
- Use slightly complex syntax.
- Then mangle the sentences further.
- Link to sites with low bandwidth so they will complain of /. effect.
- Link to sites that are non-English or are poor translations from non-English.
- Attack some company, country, state or university with an indirect slap.
Perform the slap in a way that posters must explain to each other.
- Perform the slap in such a way that the university’s defenders and rivals feel that they must explain it at length.
Include typos. If you leave them out, /. editors will introduce them for you.
- End by asking for posters input.
- Including puns will do no good with posters or editors as /.ers rarely notice them. You should try a few any way for your own amusement.