Security and Liberty Forum – April 14 (update)Paul, · Categories: General
What: Security and Liberty Forum
When: Saturday, April 14 1-5 p.m.
Where: Sitterson Hall on the UNC Campus (Parking info)
Free Registration here
- Bruce Schneier, internationally renowned security technologist and author of Beyond Fear, Secrets and Lies, and Applied Cryptography.
- Robert Ellis Smith, Publisher of The Privacy Journal
- Melissa Ngo, Staff Counsel and Director of EPIC‘s Identification and Surveillance Project
- Jim Harper, Director of Information Policy Studies, the CATO Institute
- Katherine Bryant, Vice President for Consumer Advocacy for Privacy at Choicepoint
- Sen. Janet Cowell, State Senator, State of North Carolina
- P. T. Wright, Acting Deputy Director, Department of Homeland Security
Sponsors: Privacy and Technology Committee of the N.C. ACLU; Department of Computer Science, UNC-Chapel Hill; ibiblio.org, UNC-Chapel Hill; Electronic Privacy Information Center (epic.org); Information Science and Information Studies, Duke University; The School of Information and Library Science, UNC-Chapel Hill