May 30 2007
Among today’s news in tech, first found by me at TechCrunch:
- Dead.net relaunched as a Drupal-powered social network. Mah Gawd! You would have thought that Deadheads would be the leaders in social networking.
- CBS bought Last.FM for $280 Million! An ALL Cash deal!
- Widgetbox Remote Gallery lets you host your widgets centrally for use on selected social networking sites. Very cool if you have multiple presences for example.
- “Twitter Back On The Straight And Narrow: Interview With Founder Biz Stone” At least that’s what they claim. I thought it was down some today. This looks like a spin story to me. Twitter: Odi et Amo.
- “eBayâ€™s StumbleUpon Acquisition: Confirmed at $75 Million” When you see the growth chart associated with the story, you’ll understand why this was a good deal for eBay.
- The first real breakthrough in searching in a while? Mahalo, announced today, attempts to add a human factor into searching and search results. But I get: Oops! We haven’t hand-written a result page for “paul jones” yet. Why? Notify me when Mahalo creates a result page for “paul jones”