Unclicking DoubleClick

As you may have read, DoubleClick, the leader banner ads placement
company, has been using "cookies" to track your web browsing to their
client sites and building a grand database about your habits. All of this
is meant to serve you better of course enabling DoubleClick to place just
the right advert on your WWW pages for your viewing pleasure.
But a few spoilsports are suing Double Click claiming that DoubleClick is
doublecrossing everyone by secretly creating a very specific database of
very personal habits. See

But wait! If you are happy with random banner ads (if you must have banner
ads at all) and a little more personal privacy, you can now opt out from
the DoubleClick pool. This is not related in any way to the law suit ;->
For opting out go to http://www.doubleclick.net/optout/

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071