Linux and the pirates

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-02/lw-02-devnul_1.html

When the Linux community was wishing big, it should have wished more
carefully
                                   Summary

In 1999, Linux became the Next Big Thing. Linux grew in market share and
mindshare, in users and in servers, in support from hardware companies,
software companies, and software vendors, in media coverage and in stock
valuation. J.S. Kelly isn't convinced that the people who so badly wanted
Linux to become the Next Big Thing knew precisely what they were wishing
for, and thinks they may be in for an unwelcome lesson. (1,500 words)

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071