April 11 and 13 Distance Education Week

As you know, I will be away in Colorado at the Conference on World Affairs
the week of April 11 and 13. However thanks to the wonders of computer
communications, I can participate in class from Boulder. Here's what I
propose: we will turn our collective attention to distance education
during that week. I've added links to David Noble's aggressive writings
about distance education, the digital diploma mills series, to our
schedule and I've added responses to Noble for the Thursday of that
week. It is my hope that we will be able to discuss the ideas about
distance education whilst taking part in a brief distance education
experience. To that end, I will be asking you to respond to Noble
throughout the week. Two of you doing an initial response to DDM-1, two to
DDM-2, two to DDM-3 and one to DDM-4. I expect the class to respond to the
initial postings and all of this will be added to our discussion list.
If you have a preference as to which DDM you'd like to help us begin to
attack, send it soon.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071