How Progress Killed Privacy

http://www.zdnet.com/pccomp/stories/all/0,6605,2429470,00.html

Ed Bott (a possible pen-name?) is author of this lengthly article covering
at least briefly evey aspect of privacy loss including personal
responsibility (the strongest quote for self-regulation is from the FTC
Commissioner--he too has an unlikely name, Orson Swindle), workplace
monitoring (with real examples) and chilling numbers (AMA reports that 84%
of American businesses practice e-mail snooping), data creep (it all
mounts up as Robyn and Hannah point out), cookies, how to protect yourself
and much much more. All in all, a pretty through piece for a PC Computing
article.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071