tomorrow and distance ed

last things first. thanks to the way my housing (in a lovely old home with
funky phone lines that i shared with a 17 year old girl) and my
scheduling (i was forced to socialized with mercenaries and jazz musicians
who do not keep daylight hours), i was not able to participate in our
distance ed week in the way that i had hoped. i was interested to note
that some of you saw undergraduate education as one long drinking
party--something that may still be reflected in your current scholarly
habits ;-> --and that some thought that education was little more than the
gaining of a skill set and a credential, something that could be easily
taught without any human contact and/or that university profs are easily
replaced (this last hurts me deeply as you can tell) by simpler
laborers. we call follow up on this in class tomorrow.
but first in importance is james' talk on zeroknowledge. is there anyay we
need to prepare, james?

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071