Metallica sues Napster...

Here is the perfect example of hypocrisy if I've ever seen it before.
This is the entire reason that MP3's should be fully legalized so they
can tear down the giant bands and giant evil record companies.

Here's the irony.  As a teenager, Metallica was a huge part of my life.
They were my favorite band for so many years (and I still love them).
Through their lyrics, Metallica taught me to fight the power and stand
up against the oppressors in a Robin Hood kind of way.  Yet look at this
crap.  A huge amount of old-school Metallica fans in recent years have
criticized the band for changing their music from "heavy metal" to "hard
rock" on their last few albums.  People call Metallica "sellouts."  I
never agreed with these fans; I always felt as though Metallica had
grown to write a different style of music--a progression. And seeing
that record sales have decreased because of their change in music, you
can't really call them sellouts.

Metallica's latest action of suing Napster has turned me toward the
other side.  They are sellouts.  By suing Napster, they are supporting
everything that they used to stand for.  Their best lyrics criticize the
exact kind of thing they are doing by suing Napster.  And I'll stop for
now, but I am definitely gonna go off on my web site about this one
because it is absolutely intolerable what they are doing.  So I suggest
reading the following article that just came out from KNAC.com.

Harry

http://www.knac.com/servlet/Article_Page?articleID=3005

Update:Metallica Lawyer Gives Exclusive To KNAC.COM; Napster Speaks!
Lonn Friend, Editor In Chief
Friday, April 14, 2000 08:34 PM