Metallica, UCITA and other cleanup items

First /.'s Jon Katz writes on Metallica, napster and the failure of will
by major universities. His theses is that the border-free, barrier-free
internet is chilling expression of every sort (speach, software, etc).

Second, Maryland joins Virginia in adopting the UCITA legislation which
activists contend gives away any rights you have forfited by clicking "I
agree" or openning shrinkwrapped software. NC is resisting that
legislation as is Iowa.
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/04/24/000424opfoster.xml
"Note that the pages are being generated in XML!)

Third, some of you may have noticed that the paper on Open Source
demographics that I spoke of at our last class is referenced in the
Harvard B-School paper that James forwarded to our class.
http://metalab.unc.edu/osrt/develpro.html
Not bad for a paper that isn't even published yet.

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071