A Conversation with Lawrence Lessig

Class favorite Larry Lessig is interviewed here in The American Prospect.
He touches on several issues we've discussed: open source, copyright,
government, Microsoft, and crystals.

Q: Do you think that with the ease with which it is possible to copy digital
music [etcetera] that it transfers the power too much in favor of the
public?

A: It could, but the technology can avoid that problem without also giving
the copyright holders perfect control over the content. So I don't believe
that people should have the right to send 10,000 copies of their CDs to
their friends. I think that is theft.

http://prospect.org/webarchives/00-04/sobel-l-0428.html

James