Connecting citizens and journalists with YouTube Direct
YouTube’s video platform has enabled a new generation of content creators to connect with billions of viewers every day. There’s a great opportunity for organizations to leverage this online activity for video campaigns, coverage, or programming initiatives - but many find it difficult to connect directly with YouTube’s community in a simple, effective way. We’ve just made that a lot easier with YouTube Direct.
YouTube Direct allows you to embed the upload functionality of YouTube directly into your own site, enabling your organization to request, review, and re-broadcast user-submitted videos with ease. News organizations can ask for citizen reporting; nonprofits can call-out for support videos around social campaigns; businesses can ask users to submit promotional videos about your brand. With YouTube Direct, the opportunities to connect directly with the YouTube community are endless.
Key features of YouTube Direct include:
* Built on the YouTube API, this 100% open-source solution provides you with an easily-integrated audience engagement platform for your website
* The customizable interface allows you to tailor the look and feel of the tool precisely to your audience
* Visitors can answer your call for content by uploading their videos to YouTube via your site without leaving the page
* A moderation panel enables your editors to review and approve/reject all submitted videos, deciding which ones meet your organization’s editorial criteria
* All videos approved by your editors include a link back to your site when viewed on YouTube
To learn more, watch the video above about how news organizations in particular can use YouTube Direct
Get started today! Visit the YouTube Direct project page, where your developers can dive in right away. Click here: http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/ytdirect.html
And check out our FAQ.