How to post Video articles and comments
I’ve added a wiki page for our class with links to 8 video hosting services. Feel free to evaluate them and to add to the list. Registration is required but simple for the wiki and for most of the hosting sites.
To comment: just place a link to your video in the comment box.
Creating Posts in Videographer
You may also want to consult the notes below:
To include a video from any source, just paste in the embed code provided. To have a thumbnail image appear on the home (or index) page, follow the instructions below:
* Go to YouTube and find your video. The web url of your video will be something like hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F9RJSPnf8A&feature=related
* The part you want is after the “v=” and before the first “&” symbol, which here is: _F9RJSPnf8A
* Go to your post’s Custom Fields section. Create a new Custom Field. Call the Key “vidx”.
Next add the following to the “Value” box of your post’s Custom Fields section “http://img.youtube.com/vi/_F9RJSPnf8A/2.jpg”.
Note that “_F9RJSPnf8A” should be replaced by your video’s id. Now save your Custom Field
* Then finish writing and save your post. It’s pretty much that simple.
For non-YouTube videos, look for an image on the source page for the video, then:
* Capture the image location but ctl-click (on the Mac)
* Go to your post’s Custom Fields section. Create a new Custom Field. Call the Key “vidx”. Paste the image URL into the “Value” box of your post’s Custom Fields section. Call the Key “vidx”
* Update and Save