Subject: Problems whith porting Prolog on SGI platform

From: Johan van Rijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:45:40 +0100

Hello,

I seem to have problems whith porting prolog on a SGI Indy or O2.

It does not matter if use gmake or make, both endup with:

ar x `gcc -print-libgcc-file-name` frame.o
gcc -c -I. -I. -I./rc -Wall -O2   pl-main.c -o pl-main.o
gcc -c -I. -I. -I./rc -Wall -O2   pl-extend.c -o pl-extend.o
gcc -export-dynamic  -o pl -Lrc pl-atom.o pl-wam.o pl-stream.o
pl-error.o pl-arith.o pl-bag.o pl-comp.o pl-rc.o pl-dwim.o pl-ext.o
pl-file.o pl-flag.o pl-fmt.o pl-funct.o pl-gc.o pl-glob.o pl-itf.o
pl-list.o pl-load.o pl-modul.o pl-op.o pl-os.o pl-prims.o pl-pro.o
pl-proc.o pl-prof.o pl-read.o pl-rec.o pl-rl.o pl-setup.o pl-sys.o
pl-table.o pl-trace.o pl-util.o pl-wic.o pl-write.o pl-term.o
pl-buffer.o pl-thread.o   frame.o pl-main.o pl-extend.o -lrc -ldl
-ltermcap -lm 
ld32: WARNING 1: Unknown option: export-dynamic (ignored).
ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any
symbol.
./pl -O -o pl.prc -b ../boot/init.pl
gmake: *** [pl.prc] Bus error (core dumped)

Also if i try to execute pl it will core dump.

If any clues or hits i whould be greatfull.

BVD.

-- 
Johan van Rijn