Subject: SQL Interfaces?

From: "Douglas Miles (Volt Computer)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:01:16 -0800

Previously I remember seeing some interest in interfacing prolog to an SQL
database..
Might be a delusion.. But I have made some people very interested in using
prolog for some company apps.
After much discussion we have decided to keep our prolog code in a shared
SQL database.. and are going to hook unknown predicate calls to a global
broadcast that will incite a Prolog-SQL "listener" to give back a proper
predicate definition much like INDEX.pl :).. ( you can see how convenient
this will be for mining or holding large volumes of information in our
server clusters) 
Presently we are looking for an NT solution.. but UNIX over a tcp socket
suits me just fine.. In have been writing prolog_to_sql queries and
sql_to_prolog but only on query syntax levels not at the "connection".
Unfortunately C is my weakest language out of 10 and there has been
suggestions that we do it in that. However I am just as happy to write it in
Prolog.. but if someone has already began the effort or just has something I
can look at .. I would be forever grateful and there is a possibility coming
for full time employment or an internship.  We just came up with this a
couple days ago and if your interface is crude or incomplete, its way better
then nothing and are interested in working with you wherever it starts.

Douglas Miles
	[email-masked]