Subject: Announce: SWI-Prolog Collaborative Web Page

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:42:18 +0200

Hi,

I've installed `twiki', a tool to let *you* build and maintain a
website about SWI-Prolog.  The idea is that this web will contain
user contributions in the form of questions and answers, code fragments,
libraries, etc.

It comes in the form of a Twiki web: a normal looking website with an
`edit' button below each topic (=page).  After registration you can
edit the topics and/or add new topics.  Editing web-pages on twiki is
much like typing a plain-text E-mail message. Instructions and a test
are where you can experiment are provided.  Twiki maintains a revision
history (using RCS) for each page.  Pages can have attached files, which
provides a means to share sources.

For each sub-web independently you can ask for E-mail notification of
changes.

My hope is that this will result in a much better structured discussion
and exchange forum then the mailing, notably for sharing code.

Currently the FAQ has been moved to this web, allowing all of you to
add and/or answer questions.  I think it is a good place to store what
is now in the packages too.  Most of the rest of the web is empty, so
just start using it as you please.

The location?  You can reach the twiki area through the SWI-Prolog home
page or directly at

	http://gollem.swi.psy.uva.nl/twiki/pl/bin/view/Main/WebHome

The FAQ entry of the Prolog home-page is directed to the FAQ web on the
Twiki site.

I'm really curious whether and how this will function!

	Enjoy!

		--- Jan