Subject: Anounce: SWI-Prolog 3.4.2

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:12:43 +0100

I've uploaded the above version. This is a bug-fix only version.
I've also started a Twiki-web page on linking foreign-code for the
various platforms. Read this for AIX and add your comments and platform.

	-- Jan

The ChangeLog:

  * FIXED: erase/1 test for clause or record.  Bug introduced with the
    addition of PL_record_external().  Found by Uwe Lesta.  Thanks.

  * FIXED: open_shared_object() to raise exception instead of old printing
    message and trapping the tracer.  Reported by Leo ([email-masked]).

  * PORTABILITY: Autoconf to produce suitable linking options for AIX.
    Tested on AIX 4.3.3.  Also a change in the Makefile to produce a correct
    SWI-Exports file in the include directory.

  * FIXED: handling operators of type yfy.  Reported by Johann Schumann.

  * FIXED: Terminal control for raw-mode (OpenBSD, patch by Kamo Hiroyasu).
    Actually a bug in OpenBSD 2.5, but the patch probably won't hurt
    other systems.

  * FIXED: PL_get_nchars(), used when casting Prolog-terms to char *
    using the C++ interface.  Spotted by Sebastien Devaux.

  * FIXED: library(url), www_form_encode/2, decoding %OD%OA

  * FIXED: Honour fileerrors/2 to supress errors on file-operations.