Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 77

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 21:35:07 -0600 (CST)

GLOWBUGS Digest 77

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Drake Receivers for Sale
	by Kim Herron <[email-masked]>
  2) RMS (was dropping filament voltage)
	by [email-masked] (michael silva)
  3) Help Unsubbing Please...
	by [email-masked]
  4) .
	by [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:00:38 -0500
From: Kim Herron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Drake Receivers for Sale
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi Gang,

I have decided that it is time to thin the collection of Drake Equipment
that has grown around me.  I have a 2B, R4A and R4B for sale.  I'd like
$90.00 for the 2B, $135.oo for the R4A and $235.00 for the R4B. These prices
include shipping.  I'm in kind of a hjurry this morning and so I don't have
the time to put a lengthy description of them in here, but you may call me
on the phone [616-677-3706], or e-mail me and I'll be happy to answer all
the questions that you have.  This I will tell you, the 2B is in nice shape
on the front panel, works well.  The R4B is superb in and out and works
excellent, and the R4A works pretty good but could stand an alignment.  Let
me know
Thanks,

KIM

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 13:46:53 -0800
From: [email-masked] (michael silva)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RMS (was dropping filament voltage)
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi gang,

Barry Ornitz pointed out a goof in my comments regarding dropping tube 
heater voltages by using a diode.  While removing every half-cycle will 
produce half the heating -power-, that does -not- equate to an 
equivalent of 60 volts (pause to give myself an I-knew-that slap...).  
Voltage goes as the square root of power, so the equivalent voltage 
produced by half-wave rectifying 120 volts is 120 * sqrt( 0.5 ), or 85 
volts.  It is this value that should be used in determining any needed 
additional dropping resistance (the original quest was for 50 volts).  
Hope I didn't cause any pyrotechnics out there.

73,
Mike, KK6GM

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 17:25:26 -0600 (CST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Help Unsubbing Please...
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hello,
Sorry to waste any further space here, but I really have not been at all
sucessful unsubscribing to this list using the address given in all of
the message headers.  Would some kind soul help me to unsub?

Thanks very much,

David Forsyth

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 18:28:21 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: .
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

suspend

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 77
*************************