Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 87

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 09:38:24 -0600 (CST)

GLOWBUGS Digest 87

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Alternate QRG for the Weekend 160M CW WW fracas
	by [email-masked]
  2) Displaying Antique Tubes
	by "James P. Rybak" <[email-masked]>
  3) Alternate QRG Friday and Saturday Nights
	by [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 11:35:08 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Alternate QRG for the Weekend 160M CW WW fracas
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Due to the most bounteous and overwhelming probability that 160 will be
unusable down in the CW end of the world, due to premptive first strikes
by the Contesters (it is fine to let them loose on the band for an occasional
weekend), the alternate Glowbugging QRG of 3535khz at 0200-0600Z will be
in effect for Friday night (Saturday RADAY) and Saturday night (Sunday RADAY)
this coming weekend.  Sunday night all will return to the quiet bedlam of
traditional QRN on the top band.  See you on the alternate QRG, same QTR,
Friday and Saturday nights.

QSP ALL GLOWBUGS AND OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES FROM THE OTHER LIST
73/ZUT DE NA4G/Bob

p.s.  This will give the left coast folks a chance to chime in, because the
      skip should be good maybe as far as the left coast in the wee small
      hours provided the MUF is not pushed too hard.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 13:05:21 -0700 (MST)
From: "James P. Rybak" <[email-masked]>
To: Glowbugs <[email-masked]>
Subject: Displaying Antique Tubes
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Several years ago, Antique Electronic Supply sold hardwood bases on which 
old tubes could be placed for display purposes.  I can't find them 
anymore in the AES catalog.  Does anyone know of another source for these 
bases?

Thanks.

Jim Rybak  W0KSD

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 11:23:35 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] ()
Subject: Alternate QRG Friday and Saturday Nights
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Remember.....

Friday and Saturday nights (Saturday/Sunday RADAY) the alternate QRG of
3535khz at the standard QTR of 0300-0600Z will be used for Glowbugging,
because of the 160m CW contest this weekend.  If you don't hear anyone,
call periodically with something like:

   CQ GLOWBUGS CQ GLOBUGS DE yourcall yourcall K

to rattle the bushes and start things rolling.  The short wave of 84R87
meters should give the folks out on the left coast a chance to join in.
Don't worry about how fast/slow/good/bad/ugly/QLF/etc your fist is, just
join in on the rattle 'n banging of the ol' brass monkey, and have a good
time.  Everyone can learn something, contribute something, and mebbee even
get the ol' glass elbow oiled up a bit by chiming in on the round tables.
I will probably run the Grand Dame ``Big Bertha Radiomarine'' although if
the band is good I might fire up lil' Miss Hartley at a couple of watts.
If the activity is hot, I might stick around until 0800Z if the eyeballs
remain open and the java pot stays warm.....(:+}}.....

73/ZUT ES SEE U THERE DE NA4G/Bob

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 87
*************************