Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 98

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 10:35:04 -0600 (CST)

GLOWBUGS Digest 98

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) Power supplies for sale
	by Carl Ratner <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 18:52:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Carl Ratner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Power supplies for sale
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hello all,

Time to clean out some closets!

I'm offering for sale a bunch of Lambda DC power supplies which were
removed from computer equipment, probably in the 1980s. No
high-voltage stuff here; most of the supplies are 5, 6, or
20-something volts, but some are 60 or 120 volts. Most are adjustable
within a small range. There are both switching and linear supplies,
and some of the big ones can put out really serious current. Lambdas
are known for excellent construction, regulation and filtering, and
the linear units weigh up to 35 pounds. Switching supplies are much
lighter. All have gray steel cases with exposed terminals.

Prices range from $10 to $35 for working power supplies. Some units
require 220-volt input, and if you can use these you will get some
real bargains. They are guaranteed to work.

Some power supplies are NOT working properly (may need Zener diodes,
capacitors or other small parts). Typically the output voltage is
incorrect value. These will be offered free (but you must pay for
packing and shipping). You can fix 'em up or use for parts. I do not
have schematics.

Please send me e-mail if you'd like a list. It's in Lotus 123 format.
I can print it out and send by snail-mail if you wish.

73   Carl Ratner

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 98
*************************