Subject: GLOWBUGS digest 162

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 20:23:00 -0500 (CDT)

GLOWBUGS Digest 162

Topics covered in this issue include:

  1) "The Ultimate Boat Anchor?" Redux
	by [email-masked]
  2) An Apology
	by [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 22:06:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: "The Ultimate Boat Anchor?" Redux
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

As a follow-up to my post of several months ago about the ultimate boat
anchor, "The Interociter" from the classic 1955 SF film, "This Island
Earth", I want to bring to everyone's attention that you can see this
film get that special Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment starting this
weekend at your friendly local neighborhood cineplex (gee, whatever
happened to real movie theaters?).  The reviews I've read so far all
suggest that you'll be laughing through the entire picture.  73, Mike

  /-----------------------------------------------\
  | Michael A. Burke                     THIS     |
  | Synetics Consultants                 SPACE    |
  | PO Box 439, 11 Scenic Dr             FOR      |
  | Westminster, MA 01473                RENT     |
  | 508-874-0908            |/===\|      REAL     |
  | [email-masked]         {}(0|0){}     CHEAP    |
  |----------------------ooOO-(_)-OOoo------------|
  |                                               |
  |   Do unto others as they would be done unto   |
  |     and practice random acts of kindness.     |  <------+
  \_______________________________________________/         |
                                                            |
To those who flamed me, please take note (and get a life) --+

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 22:11:52 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: An Apology
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

My apologies to the boatanchor and glowbug list members.  Last night I
posted a message that bounced.  When I reposted it, I didn't realize
that all the header-trailer garbage would tag along for the ride, so,
sorry for the bandwidth. In case you didn't see it amid the noise,
here's the original message.

Subject: 4th Edition Radiotron Designer's Handbook Available on CD-ROM

In addition to the AES reprint, A new CD-ROM version of the complete 4th
Edition is available from The Old Colony Sound Lab, PO Box 243, Peterborough,
NH 03458-0243, Tel 603-924-6371.  I believe this company is affiliated with
Audio Amateur Publications who publish "Glass Audio" magazine, which is where
I saw the CD-ROM advertised.

 The ad claims that the text is fully hyperlinked and includes a 50 page index.
The cost for this CD-ROM is $69.95 + $3.95 S&H.  I haven't actually played with
it as I own a (very used) copy of the original book.  73, Mike

  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
  %                                                  %
  % Michael A. Burke, Synetics Consultants           %
  % PO Box 439, 11 Scenic Dr, Westminster, MA 01473  %
  % 508-874-0908  [email-masked]                     %
  %                                                  %
  % With apologies to Will Rogers, "I never met a    %
  % vacuum tube I didn't like" (well, almost never). %
  %                                                  %
  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

------------------------------

End of GLOWBUGS Digest 162
**************************